» Fighting with my POP3/Mimeparser library


«
»

ASP.NET, C#, Mime parser, NandoF, POP3, Programmeren

Fighting with my POP3/Mimeparser library

03.29.09 | 6 Comments

Here’s the thing. I am using a pop3 mailbox to allow customers to send images to my application. The application parses all incoming mail, strips the attachments and uploads them into the application.

I started out using standard .NET stuff, but soon found out that that didn’t support the full MIME tree (that was 2 years ago, so if it does now please let me know). I then switched to OpenPOP.NET which was a little better but still insufficient for the MIME parsing. After a while I ended up using the OpenPOP.NET POP3 client in combination with the MIME e-mail parser in the NandoF library.

This combination worked very well for me over the last 2 years, but recently I’ve been receiving customer complaints about messages not getting through. I debugged the messages and it turned they had faults in the MIME formatting. Strangely enough gmail doesn’t seem to care and displays them anyway. So I figured I should too. And that’s pretty much where I am now. Both OpenPOP.NET and the NandoF library haven’t evolved since 2005. The OpenPOP.NET lib simply dumps the faulty messages on download and the NandoF lib doesn’t support SSL connections.

I choose to dump the OpenPOP.Net lib and expanded the NandoF lib to support SSL connections. 15 minutes ago I pin-pointed the MIME error, so all that is left to do is to fix it. I’ll let you know when I do…   �


6 Comments

have your say

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. Subscribe to these comments.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

:

:


«
»
13 queries. 0,192 seconds.